Founded in 2016, the goal of the Lyman Medical Research Foundation is to help fund local medical research, including but not limited to studies conducted at the Orthopedic Specialty Institute. The ultimate goal is to promote medical and technological innovation in the Coeur d’Alene region.
Total Knee Replacement Pain Reduction Clinical Trial:
A study designed to compare traditional knee replacement pain management with a novel preoperative nerve ablation technique. The goal is to improve pain control and make recovery easier.
Clinical Study Treatment Center:
Pleasant View Surgery Center, Post Falls ID
Clinical Study Investigators:
Jeffrey Lyman, MD (208) 758-0716
Timothy Lovell, MD (509) 838-7100
Clinical Research Manager:
Ellicia Coyne, email@example.com
DR. LYMAN'S RESEARCH
- The Efficient Delivery of Elective Orthopedic Care. The Journal of Arthroplasty, Volume 22, Issue 7, Pages 2-5 2008 D. Jacofsky, J. Lyman
- Latest Techniques in ACL Reconstruction. CORE Ink. Summer 2007, 15.
- A Modified Judet Approach to the Scapula. William T. Obremsky and Jeffrey R. Lyman. J Orthop Trauma 2004 Nov-Dec; 18(10): 696-9.
- A Ten-Year Comparison of Hamstring Tendon and Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. A Controlled, Prospective Trial. Leo Pinczewski, Jeffrey Lyman, Lucy Salmon, Vivanne Russell, Justin Roe, James Linklater. Am J Sports Med. January, 2007.
- Hip arthroplasty after extracapsular hip fracture: a matched pair cohort analysis. Lyman JR, Kelley SS, Lachiewicz PF. J Surg Orthop Adv. 2004 Spring; 13(1):38-41.
- Strain Behavior of the Distal Achilles Tendon. Lyman, JR, and Almekinders, LC. Am J Sports Med 32: 457-61, 2004.
- Response of chondrocytes to local mechanical cartilage injury: an in vitro model. Preceptor Dr. Scott Kelley, Div. of Adult Reconstructive Surgery, Dept. of Orthopedics, UNC-Chapel Hill. Results presented at the American Orthopedics Association Resident’s meeting, 1999 and Orthopedics Research Society meeting, 2000. Submitted for publication.
- In vitro site-directed mutagenesis of the calcium binding EF-hand in SPARC. Preceptor Dr. Helene Sage, Dept of Biological Structure, University of Washington, School of Medicine, 1994.
- Search for novel proteins found in the neuromuscular junction of Xenopus frogs. Preceptor Dr. Diane Linden, Dept. of Biology, Occidental College, 1992.
- Kinetics of the Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) enxyme. Preceptor Dr. Chris Craney, Dept of Biochemistry, Occidental College. Results presented at the National Undergraduate Research Conference, 1992.